Table of contents
You need to install the following software to build SoftEther VPN for UNIX.
- Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris or Mac OS X
- GNU Compiler Collectipon (gcc) and binary utilities
- GNU Make (gmake)
- GNU C Library (glibc)
- POSIX Threads (pthread)
- OpenSSL (crypto, ssl)
For example, the following command helps you to install the above programs on Fedora or CentOS Linux:
yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools" yum -y install readline-devel ncurses-devel openssl-devel
How to Build
To build the programs from the source code, run the following commands:
If any error occurs, please check the above requirements.
How to Install SoftEther VPN Server, Bridge or Client
To install the vpnserver, vpnbridge and vpnclient programs into the /usr/bin directory, run the following as the root user:
After the installation will complete successfully:
- Execute 'vpnserver start' to run the SoftEther VPN Server background service.
- Execute 'vpnbridge start' to run the SoftEther VPN Bridge background service.
- Execute 'vpnclient start' to run the SoftEther VPN Client background service.
- Execute 'vpncmd' to run SoftEther VPN Command-Line Utility to configure VPN Server, VPN Bridge or VPN Client.
You can also use VPN Server/Client Manager GUI Tool on other Windows PC to connect to VPN services remotely.
You can download the GUI Tools from http://www.softether-download.com/.